Thursday, October 27, 2005

BANNED BY GAWKER

This was the comment that got me banned, in response to this post (scroll down to see the comment in context):

•"Who gives a flying shitass fuck at a fucking jerkass rolling fucking fuckwad donut?"•

Pretty lame, right? The admittedly ultra-childish (and super-drunken) rant came out of me because I felt this developing media "story" was of interest to exactly the half dozen people up for the job.

Gawker is fascinating to me when, often through reader tips, they present insights into this City you will never see anywhere else. Gawker is not at all fascinating to me when they present insights into the boring networking news of their friends.

It wasn't by the editors; let's just say it was a high-ranking decision. This after they've used several of my funnier posts on their site (some of the funniest stuff they've posted, in my opinion).

So, y'all can stop writing me asking for a Gawker Comment invite, obviously.

9 Comments:

Blogger copyranter said...

exactly my brave synchronic anon friend.

12:07 PM  
Blogger kilgore said...

I like how you are banned, but the comment isn't pulled.

12:29 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

OK, I've been unbanned. I just can't use the copyranter username. So, I'll be using my real name, Mark Duffy. Save yourself the Googling, I ain't none of those Mark Duffys.

See anon haters? It's not such a big deal.

8:16 PM  
Blogger A said...

funny, i thought you were the only anon hater 'round here.


hey! just sayin'. And congrats on your re-institution amongst the gawkerati.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

glad to have you back to the "who can write the wittiest transparently self-promotional comment?" party.

2:32 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Thank you Alex. It's nice to have somewhere to go that's even more self-serving than advertising.

and sweet, dear, breasted, Angelina: eat me, and thank you.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Pip Harper said...

I saw that comment in its original context and, well, you made chocolate soy milk come out of my nose. I'm glad to see you got your privileges back.

6:24 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

pip: well, as long as it was soy milk.

2:53 PM  
Blogger rina said...

thank you for pointing out that a lot of people don't want to read about gawker's friends and their exploits. they should stick to covering media news, nyc, etc, not blog about krucoff for the ninety-eighth time.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home