Wednesday, October 12, 2005

THIS SVUCKS

(click image)
Deemed "edgy" by some clueless reviewers, The new Svedka vodka campaign features shit-awful writing on top of a predictable futuristic concept. "2023." So random. And putting the logo on the fembot's thigh was a nice restrained touch. But the worst part of this is that it appears that Sevdka in-house ad people stole the robot design from director Chris Cunningham.

(click images for closer look)
Above are two stills
from Cunningham’s beautiful video for Bjork’s All is full of love—produced seven years ago. Sveda's fembot looks awfully similar, doesn't she?

5 Comments:

Blogger T.A.N. said...

I'm with you on this.

I saw this ad and immediately thought it was blog worthy also. I'm not good on the photoshop tip, but it's definitely stands out as one of the biggest wastes of money circulating around right now.

AdRant mentions the synergy of gay gene copy in meatpacking district.

Only problem is I saw the ad on UES - 60s and 3rd Ave. Definitely gay gene central.

The robots also look like they'll be in the sequel to I, Robot. And that movie was slightly better than being forced to eat toenails for a couple hours.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, I don't live in NYC so it's nice to see ad campaigns there...But I don't think I've ever seen you write about something you LIKED. A campaign that worked or anything. Am I missing something? I know this is copyRANTER, but still I'd like to know some ones that you've liked.

Thanks.

8:14 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Really weird ad campaign. Me no likey!

I would feel very uncool if I drank that crap...

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He did mention some beer stuff he liked in past (positive) rants...

and as for this Svedka bullshit, I too feel it's a total rip off of Chris Cunningham's beautiful artistry...twisted into insipid, meaningless poo of blow-up doll proportions. (I just posted this on AdRants too...hmm...wonder if they'll post it?)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Curiouspencil said...

*IF* it hadn't've been a blatant ripoff of (or 'inspired inspiration from) another artist's work, I reckon that'd've worked pretty fine.

2023 seems a nicely-enough randomised number too, scores for the even *and* odd number-lovers.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home