Thursday, July 20, 2006

Jesus Jeans.

The August issue of Entrepreneur magazine has a one-page featurette on 50-year-old True Religion Jeans founder Jeffey Lubell, whose wares have become de rigueur for some of Hollywood's leading ladies. Lubell strategically and "tastefully" distresses and destroys his denim offerings. That, of course, is nothing new. Lubell's fresh gimmick is to charge, not $100 for his cotton pants, but up to 460 fucking bucks for a pair. His projected earnings for 2006 are $150 million. In response, I have distastefully distressed his eyeballs with my trusty X-ACTO™ knife (click image).
previously in stupid fashion:
1. DIESEL woos the fcuk hoi polloi.
2. Dead is the new Black.
3. The Gays don't shop Daffy's

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a fan of designer jeans.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone should wear mom jeans.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

that guy looks like Donnie Duetch

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

denim underwear... hmm, might work. He should try it. the irritation will definately go with the look.

1:38 PM  
Blogger dancing at gunpoint said...

The only way those jeans would be tasteful is if you covered them in ranch dressing.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Katrina Martiani said...

i think a big giant TWAT on his forehead would have been pretty, too. But putting his eyesockets in tatters was a nice touch.

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weird thing is, I don't think the jeans he's wearing are properly distressed. It looks like he just snipped them at the knees. This strikes me as rather lazy from a distressing perspective. (Lazily distressed as as well as distressingly lazy.)

Not that I've ever distressed my own jeans intentionally. They seem to handle the task adequately well themselves, as I almost never spring for new ones.

But my point is this...my jeans (which have distressed themselves of their own volition) are better distressed than the jeans in this picture. This makes me think that the man in the picture is perhaps not such a hot shot at distressing jeans after all, and maybe all those Hollywood stars should go back and demand refunds.

I mean, I think he's sort of setting a bad example.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home