Thursday, June 07, 2007

RUN EASY. PROOF LAZY.


I admit it. When Helen Rosner at rsgo.blospot.com first brought this Reebok subway placard to my attention (she was the first of several people), I thought it just might be an intentional typo; leaving the "R" in EVERYTHING out on purpose to emphasis that doing things too fast is bad. Because, it was just too bad of a mistake to be accidental. Well as you can see (right), I was wrong. It was an inexplicable, unintentional mistake.
I've already ripped "RBK" for their shitty creative and stupid positioning. Now add slipshod proofreading to the list.
(Read Helen's post on this here, in which she rightly rips me a new one.)
previously in Reebok:
1. So, Reebok running shoes help prevent puking?
2. Reebok's new ad messaging: We Know You Suck!
related:
1. ING: ProofING.

14 Comments:

Blogger RFB said...

Bonus Proofreading Points if anyone can identify the mistake in this sentence:

Read Helen's post on this here, in which she rightly rips my a new one.

8:23 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

As always jetpacks, I hate you.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their computers don't have spell check?

8:36 AM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

We once printed up an ad that said "asses" instead of "assess."

I'm with you: I believe in the good of people first.

8:47 AM  
Blogger : STEVE : said...

Who handles this account? Bowen?

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely off topic... but what'd you think of the Ducks lastnight?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

I dunno there's something so "natural" and "real" about type-os.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I saw these two, the incorrect then corrected version. Totally mindfucked me, like the first BLEW UP my brain:

Holy Baudrillardian form reflecting content meta hoo-haa! No way!

[Enter proofed/corrected ad ... then sigh.]

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew Jackson once said, "Never trust a man who thinks there's only one way to spell a word."

Then again, what the hell did he know about language?

8:51 PM  
Blogger DRC said...

It's our job to butcher the English language as much as possible. Fuck the redcoats, and der muthafuckin fag-ass way of speakin. Typos are the American way of making "English" more "Americanish".






http://theamericanculture.blogspot.com/

8:59 PM  
Blogger DANIELBLOOM said...

i once saw an ad for "window shopping" tagline, but the word was typed as "widow shopping".....a classic!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Triple talaq said...

I think Nike has the Rbk account.

PS: Why is their a dude in a wheelchair insignia next to where it asks me to verify to post on here?

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add to this another glaring punctuation shitbomb:

"A 10 minute mile is just as far as a 6-minute mile."

By leaving the hyphen out, are they trying to promote laziness in all things, including proofing a multi-million dollar ad campaign?

Whatever. Those Rbk bstrds can kiss my type A ass.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just noticed that typo today, and was going to post on it myself. But you beat me by a good two weeks (and I'm rounding down). Oh well. You've gained a couple new readers in Brooklyn.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home