Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Well, at least they made fun of golf.


(click to better read copy)
Above is "Steve" (not "Mike?"), the new spokesdude for Mike's Hard Lemonade. The dude with the "refreshing school of thought." The dude who gives you all the "easy answers to life's hard questions." Go to the mikesology site if you must, and watch 14 amazingly unfunny videos, each one lamer than the last. I'm frankly flummoxed why the concept/writing is so fucking pedestrian. Oh wait, a google search reveals that the agency responsible is WeAreGigantic, a new shop started by two former bosses from the now defunct unofficial NYC House of Hack, Margeotes Fertitta Powell. Explains everything. Well like I said, at least they made fun of golf, WHICH IS NOT A SPORT.
(subway station ad snapped by the archeress)
previously in liquor:
1. I'd want a strong drink if I was getting a vasectomy.
2. The drunken conversation is waiting.
3. Captain Morgan Tattoo?
4. Racks of Booze.
previously in golf:
1. Playing with God's balls.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone actually ever go to any of these sites?

4:25 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

I don't know/care.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

I know it's cliche to hate on white asshole douchebags, but I have a special hatred for them after I read I am Charlotte Simmons by Wolfe. It's all about frat guys and college sports stars. Yech!

Um....so they can make fun of golf-playing douchebags all they want. I temped at a place where the boss's son played golf and the kid had NO SENSE OF IRONY AT ALL.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then there's this piece of online comic genius --

Mike's Hard Lemonade: "A Whole Lot Cooler" 300x250

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree completely with your comment on Neil Powell. He is an amazingly untalented. His work is almost as pretentious as he is. I mean how can you gut a fully functional agency of 30 years - Margeotes - in less than a year? It shocks me that anyone would back that guy. MDC must really have gotten stuck in a contract situation.
We Are Gigantic Hacks.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home