Tuesday, November 13, 2007

LEAKED? Sarah Silverman's World AIDS Day song?

(click bottom image to read the silly lyrics)
December 1st is World AIDS Day
—And in the works, according to an anonymous tipster, is the above Sarah Silverman song called Happy AIDS Day, Anyway—a song that anon says would be part of Gap's (PRODUCT) Red campaign. OK, even though Silverman is part of the new general Gap campaign, there's no way in Hell Gap would ever run all or part of this as a TV spot, though I could definitely see her singing it on her show. The tipster also says this project may have been put on hold, and examining the lyrics, I can see why. If you don't feel like clicking and reading the whole song, here's a couple sample stanzas:
I'm not black
I'm not gay
And Africa is so far away
But what's one more December holiday?
Happy AIDS Day anyway
and,
AIDS is a gift
that keeps on giving
Give (RED) gifts
And stop regifting
Help African kids get drugs
(SHOUT) But not for tripping!
Happy AIDS Day anyway

6 Comments:

Blogger ricpic said...

Cock teasers don't make me laugh. Sorry, Sarah.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

^Don't really get ricpic's comment.
This song is pretty well written and reflects the same disgust I had when I heard about the whole RED campaign. Funny.
97% likely not Sarah.

6:58 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Actually noah, I've since found out my source is pretty damn reliable. Not that I can prove anything.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, but did she actually submit this to the Gap with the intention that they might release it?

2:59 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

That I don't know. Most likely gotta be no.

4:25 PM  
Blogger HustleKnocker said...

S.S. is only a cock-teaser in the most hetero/academic sense of the word: she's rumored to have a vagina, she's clearly more into herself than 99% of the people familiar with her. But cock-teasers actually have to have the ability to stimulate and excite on a visceral level, of which this heffa can't.

Spec ad, real client or just another tired comedy bit... call it what you will. one thing's for sure:

this heffa juss don't get it.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home