Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jewelry designer Loree Rodkin's creepy, insane new ad.

(click image for closer look)
When you're working with a less than Prada-size marketing budget, you need a visual with stopping power to stand out in the ad-clogged fashion mags. And I was stopped. And not really by the nipples!—though I was certainly not expecting to see nipples in my (well, not "my") Elle Accessories magazine. Bravo to you Loree for not going with the usual boring beautiful model and the usual boring product shots. previous intriguing fashion ads: Harvey Nichols: buzzards picking at sales items: Kate Spade: Dead is the new Black; Comme de Garçons shirt ads make absolutely no sense.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Never thought I'd see the day you are applauding horrible photoshop work.

6:04 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

I am not applauding the Photoshop work, I am not even saying it is a good ad. I am saying bravo for doing something a little different in what is a boring, lemming-filled category.

6:44 PM  
Blogger rev joe said...

wow, that's uh, pretty horrible.

how could they take a half-baked idea, body painting, and make it worse?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Åsk Dabitch said...

It's not body paint, it's lace and bodypaint, lace is the hippest thing since Lady Gaga starting wearing it in public. Still makes me gag though (so GLAD I did not add to my sleeve with lace as I planned in 07, it would be so passsé by now).

Shame the photography is too 'clear', it might actually have worked quite well, had the model and body been darker and the jewlery been brighter. The whol idea is to hide her and show the jewels.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home