Friday, September 24, 2010

This week's vintage ad that made women look like idiots.

(click ad, from a 1952 Life magazine, via) Not often you see the word "plaint" in an ad. Also: three methods of suicide. Sweetheart, you better put that small caliber girlie gun in your mouth, to make sure. Or, just pick up some of Charles Antell's Formula 9 shampoo. Previous vintage ads that made women look like idiots:
the "housewife headache."
drink Dr. Pepper and "be a Mindsticker."
Horsewoman refuses to buy Electrolux fridge.
Give me the damn car keys and go vaccum, Mrs. McCrash.
make women with bad breath wear bells around their necks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ninny said...

Why did this remind me of Sledge Hammer commenting "I'd shoot myself, but this thing wouldn't part my hair"?

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home